1. A collection of lines that connects several devices is called:
a. peripheral connection wires
c. Both a and b
d. Internal wires
2. A complete microcomputer system consist of
c. peripheral equipment
d. all of the above✔️
3. PC Program Counter is also called
a. instruction pointer✔️
b. memory pointer
c. file pointer
d. data counter
4. ______ is used to choose between incrementing the PC or performing ALU operations
a. Conditional codes
c. Control unit
d. None of these✔️
5. The ultimate goal of a compiler is to:
a. Reduce the clock cycles for a programming task.✔️
b. Reduce the size of the object code.
c. Be versatile.
d. Be able to detect even the smallest of errors
SPEC stands for:
a. Standard Performance Evaluation Code.
b. System Processing Enhancing Code.
c. System Performance Evaluation Corporation✔️
d. Standard Processing Enhancement Corporation.
7. The instructions like MOV or ADD are called as:
d. None of the above
8. The decoded instruction is stored in:
9. CPU does not perform the operation:
a. data transfer✔️
b. logic operation
c. arithmetic operation
d. all of the above
10. The access time of memory is …………… the time required for performing any single CPU operation:
a. Shorter than
b. Negligible than
d. Longer than✔️
Have a good luck